Monday, April 6, 2015

Seed Money - Part Two

Today I'd like to talk just a little about selling on eBay, after all, it's critical to the whole experiment no matter how you look at it!  Many of you probably have already been buying and selling on eBay for years, since you are obviously internet savvy or you wouldn't have made your way here in the first place.  Bare with me, though, as we speak to those who aren't used to it yet.

So, we are still in the stage where we are trying to gather our $50+ seed money to get started with.  (I am up to 100 points on my Opinion Outpost account right now so, that's 10/50!)  One good way to gather some money is to sell some of your stuff on eBay.

What do I sell? / Where do I find things to sell? -

You can sell parts of old collections, things you picked up for a good deal at yardsales or thrift stores, barely worn clothes that never really suited you (especially if you are NOT a smoker, as people who aren't smokers don't like the smell that sticks to clothes in particular), shoes is a good one.  Just make sure what you are selling is worth bothering with.  In my early eBaying days I actually lost money on a few things, after paying to have them shipped.

How do I sell my stuff on eBay? -

Well, there are a lot of good tutorials on this and it's actually pretty easy to do so I won't bore you with the details.  However, a few tips on getting the most money for your items!

1) List everything appropriately - Think about how you would look something up yourself if you wanted to buy it.  Brand name, theme, size, color.  As much detail as you can fit into the title.  Be accurate!  Nothing kills your auction faster then having no idea what it is you are selling, the right people will never find it!

2) Take great pictures - When I have been searching for dolls I have seen so many blurry pictures.  I can't help thinking that the seller must not realize, maybe his or her eyesight is not so good.  If this might be you please get a second opinion or even ask a family member to take the pictures for you.  Natural lighting can help a lot too, take your items outside on a nice day and get those pictures.  Take your pictures from each side so that the bidders can see the full condition of the item.

3) Tell everything - In addition to accurately identifying your item (whenever possible), it's important to check them over carefully for any condition issues.  Even if it seems insignificant to you, it might not be to the buyer of your item.  Let them know every crease, crack, and ding in your description.

Well, that should about cover it for today.  If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

No comments:

Post a Comment