Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Meanwhile Back At The Ranch . . . Antique Doll Research Guide

Today we are doing surveys and waiting for our eBay auctions to end (bad me I haven't actually gotten around to listing mine yet, must get to that later).

In the mean time we will do some research and look at some pretty things!  Knowledge is power, and the more dolls you look at and can identify the more all the hidden treasure will belong to you.

Here are some resources I know you will like.

Antiques Roadshow doll archives - Check it out!  Lots of videos of antique dolls.  I know what I'm doing the rest of the day!  Take the given values with a grain of salt, obviously, but the dolls are still fun to see.

Pinterest - I'm still not sure I entirely "get" Pinterest but, I know you can see a lot of eye candy on there and I have also found sewing patterns for dolls and scans from rare books.

Another great thing to do is to go under the advanced search feature on eBay and look at the sold listings, you can see some pretty dolls that have come and gone on eBay and as an added bonus it gives you an idea of what prices people are willing to pay for them.  I will talk more about this later.

I will probably update this later when I think of some more resources, in the mean time, lets keep gathering up our starter money.

No comments:

Post a Comment