Wednesday, June 24, 2015

So far no good

So, in case you are wondering why you haven't heard from me for so long it's because there is no good news.

Things I have done wrong (aka excuses?), lets see . . . let real life get in the way and lost my focus, wanted EVERYTHING, broke every rule I just invented and then some, spent all my money so it wasn't available when a good buy it now deal came along, got distracted.  And in the end I bought a lot of badly damaged items just so I would have something to lay my hands on.

Broken dollies

On the plus side now I have some doll heads to practice on.  I am starting with the little AM 370 shoulder head on the right. (Yes, I even broke THAT rule).  

Next move?  Now I am going to work on my skills using the Marty Westfall book as a good way to start.  I also recently joined some terrific doll groups on Facebook and have been studying and enjoying some delicious eye candy that should inspire me in my quest.  I am also going to work on selling some of the stuff I have hoarded in recent months in misguided retail therapy binges.  

Good luck everyone!  And cross your fingers for me that I don't make the same mistakes too many times in a row at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment